College Designation and Memberships
A School You Can Trust
Granville College is registered and fully designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB).
Through the process, the institution and its programs are evaluated and recognized for quality assurance and, if successful, the institution is awarded a designation certificate. As a result, students can be confident that an institution and its educational programs meet criteria and standards established by the PTIB. Granville College meets the PTIB college designation standards.
The Mandate of the PTIB
The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education administers the Private Training Act and associated regulations. PTIB is responsible for:
- Ensuring institutions meet the requirements and standards for career-related program certification
- Maintaining a Private Training Institution Directory of all certified institutions and the programs they provide, along with formerly certified institutions
- Providing student protection.
Certified institutions are either:
- Registered, meaning they meet the requirements to provide career-related programs, or
- Designated or interim designated, meaning they meet additional requirements associated with a higher level of quality
The type of certification an institution holds is important because only designated institutions can:
- Apply for B.C.’s Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation, required to enrol international students on study permits, and
- Enrol students who wish to access financial assistance through StudentAid BC
Granville College’s Accreditations, Affiliations, and Memberships
- Designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia: View Designation Certificates
- British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (EQA) Designation
- Designated Learning Institution (DLI) #0116736261697
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Designated as an eligible educational institution under the Canada Student Loans Program
- Designated as an eligible educational institution under the BC Student Loans Program
- Certified by the Minister of Employment and Immigration as an educational institution under the Income Tax Act, so that tuition payments are income tax deductible