A School You Can Trust
Granville College is registered and designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of British Columbia.
Through the process, the institution and its Diploma Program are evaluated and recognized for quality assurance and, if successful, the institution is awarded a designation certificate. As a result, students can be confident that an institution and its educational Diploma Program meet criteria and standards established by the PTIB. Granville College meets the PTIB college designation standards.
The Mandate of the PTIB
The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education administers the Private Training Act and associated regulations. PTIB is responsible for:
Certified institutions are either:
- Registered, meaning they meet the requirements to provide career-related Diploma Program, or
- Designated or interim designated, meaning they meet additional requirements associated with a higher level of quality
The type of certification an institution holds is important because only designated institutions can:
Granville College’s Accreditations, Affiliations, and Memberships
- Designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia: View Designation Certificates
- British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (EQA) Designation
- Designated Learning Institution (DLI) #0116736261697
- Designated as an eligible educational institution under the Canada Student Loans Diploma Program
- Designated as an eligible educational institution under the BC Student Loans Diploma Program
- Certified by the Minister of Employment and Immigration as an educational institution under the Income Tax Act, so that tuition payments are income tax deductible